Launch Microsoft Outlook 2007.
From the Tools menu, select Account Settings.
On the following screen, select the New… button – as shown below.
Select the first option, as shown below:
We don’t want Auto Account Setup, so select the manually configure option at the bottom. See below.
On the next menu, select Internet E-mail and then click Next.
Enter your account settings as below, before clicking Next, make sure to press the More Settings button.
- Your name – Enter your name as you wish other people to see it (when they receive your email)
- Email Address – Please enter the e-mail address you wish to send from (Also known as an alias on the customer portal)
- Incoming mail server (POP3) – webmail.manxbroadband.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – webmail.manxbroadband.com
- User Name – (as specified within the Email configuration section on the customer portal). This is not the same as your e-mail alias
- Password – As specified in the customer portal
Select the More Settings menu option to fill in the final configuration options.
On this pop-up, select the Outgoing Server tab and make sure the option shown below is ticked. While not strictly necessary while you are at home, if you want to get your email from an internet connection that isn’t supplied by us (at work, on holiday etc.) this option is required. Click OK when finished.
Click on OK, then Next. Outlook 2007 is now configured for use with your Wi-Manx email account.